Gifts of Appreciated Securities
There are three ways to transfer appreciated securities which can be used to fund a current membership or planned gift.
1. Electronic Transfer
- MPTV needs to know the name of the stock, the number of shares, your name and address, and the designation of your gift so that we can credit it properly.
2. Your Broker Holds the Stock in Street Name
- Inform your broker, preferably in writing, which specific shares you wish to donate to MPTV. Please copy MPTV or let us know that the transfer will take place, and what the designation of your gift will be.
- Instruct your broker to call MPTV at (414) 297-8710 to receive instructions on the disposition of the donated shares.
3. You Hold the Stock Certificate
Send the unendorsed stock certificate by registered mail to:
1036 N 8th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
- Send a notarized stock power, signed exactly as your name appears on the unendorsed certificate, by regular first class mail. Do not send these two documents in the same envelope. Together they become negotiable to anyone who might intercept them.
- Stock powers are available from your broker or banker.
- Electronic transfer
- The date the stock transfers into the MPTV account
- Street name
- The date the transferred shares reach the MPTV account
- The postmark date on the envelope containing the stock.
*When including Milwaukee Public Television in your planned giving, please use the designation "MPTV Fund." All contributions to support Milwaukee Public Television are administered by MPTV's Development Department and are deposited solely for use by MPTV in the MPTV Fund within the MATC Foundation, a not-for-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).