Kids in the Kitchen
Taco Layer Dip
- 1 16-oz. container fat-free sour cream
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 head of lettuce-shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg. low-fat tortilla chips
- Measuring cup
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Small sharp knife
- Large sharp knife
- Large shallow dish for the taco layer dip
- Bowl for tortilla chips
- Small paper plates and napkins
- Combine sour cream and taco seasoning in a small bowl and chill for one hour.
- Take a large shallow dish and layer the ingredients, one by one, in the dish in the following order: sour cream mix, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
*** Recipe makes 8 servings. There are 6 fat grams per serving.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.