Kids in the Kitchen
Explorer's Trail Mix
- 4 cups of cereal (Wheat Chex, Cherrios, Rice Chex, Corn Chex)
- 1 cup thin pretzel sticks
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apples or apricots
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Shallow rectangular baking pan
- Wooden spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Bowl for completed mix
- Plastic snack bags
- Hot pads
- Combine the cereal, pretzels and peanuts in the large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle the oil mixture over the cereal and mix.
- Spread the large mixture into a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until toasted.
- Cool and stir in raisins and dried fruit.
- Place in serving bowl and have a party or store in individual snack bags for school lunch bags or going on a hike.
*** Instead of peanuts, you could use almonds or walnuts. If you are allergic to nuts, just leave them out. If you are not going to eat your trail mix right away and want to put it in plastic bags instead, you might want to leave out the dried apples. They will add moisture and your trail mix will loose its crunch.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza