Kids in the Kitchen
Apple Slices With Peanut Butter Dip
- ½ cup silken tofu
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large apples
- ½ cup orange juice
- Apple corer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 small bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Cutting board
- Small sharp knife
- Round platter
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the tofu, cottage cheese, peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. (If you like it really smooth, you could mix it in a blender instead.)
- Wash and dry the apples.
- On the cutting board, core the apples. Slice each apple in half and then into ¼ inch slices.
- Pour the orange juice into the other bowl and dip each slice of apple into the juice for a bout 1 to 2 seconds. (The juice prevents the apples from turning brown.) Place them on a paper towel.
- Place the bowl of dip in the middle of the platter. Arrange the apple slices around the bowl of dip and serve.
*** The recipe makes about 5 servings. Tofu is known as the "cheese of Asia" because it is a cheese-like food made from soybeans, which are very popular in Asia. Silken tofu is a creamy, custard-like product, perfect for dips.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.