Kids in the Kitchen
Apple Slices With Peanut Butter Dip
- ½ cup silken tofu
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large apples
- ½ cup orange juice
- Apple corer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 small bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Cutting board
- Small sharp knife
- Round platter
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the tofu, cottage cheese, peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. (If you like it really smooth, you could mix it in a blender instead.)
- Wash and dry the apples.
- On the cutting board, core the apples. Slice each apple in half and then into ¼ inch slices.
- Pour the orange juice into the other bowl and dip each slice of apple into the juice for a bout 1 to 2 seconds. (The juice prevents the apples from turning brown.) Place them on a paper towel.
- Place the bowl of dip in the middle of the platter. Arrange the apple slices around the bowl of dip and serve.
*** The recipe makes about 5 servings. Tofu is known as the "cheese of Asia" because it is a cheese-like food made from soybeans, which are very popular in Asia. Silken tofu is a creamy, custard-like product, perfect for dips.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza