Kids in the Kitchen
No-Bake Granola Bars
- 2 ½ cups toasted rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Small saucepan
- Hot pad
- 13 x 9-inch baking pan
- Large sharp knife
- Metal Spatula to remove bars from pan
- Put the rice cereal, oatmeal and raisins in the bowl and stir together with the wooden spoon.
- In the small saucepan, mix together the brown sugar and corn syrup. Turn the heat to medium-high. Stir constantly while the mixture is brought to a boil. Once boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir the peanut butter and vanilla into the sugar mixture in the saucepan. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereals and raisins in the large bowl. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into the baking pan.
- When cool, cut into bars.
*** The recipe makes about 18 bars. Granola is a cereal made of various grains, brown sugar or honey, nuts, oil, dried fruits and sometimes coconut.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza