Kids in the Kitchen
Pink Fruit Dip
- Cantaloupe or honeydew melon cut into spears
- Spears of fresh, firm bananas
- Apple slices
- Pear slices
For the Dip:
- 1 ten-ounce package sweetened raspberries, defrosted
- ½ cup (4 ounces) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup firm yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Plate for the cut fruit
- Small sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Blender (or food processor)
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wire whisk
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Place the raspberries (including all their liquid) and cream cheese in a blender and puree until uniform. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the yogurt and lemon juice, and whisk until it is all one color.
- Pour the dip into one or more serving bowls.
- Cut and arrange the spears of fruit on a small plate.
- Dip the fruit spears into the pink fruit dip and then enjoy.
*** Recipe makes 4-5 snack portions. Whenever you use a blender, be careful! This is always a closely supervised activity. (Parents, please keep the blender unplugged when not in use. Explain to children that fingers should never go inside the container because the blade in the blender is very sharp.)
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.