Kids in the Kitchen
Pink Fruit Dip
- Cantaloupe or honeydew melon cut into spears
- Spears of fresh, firm bananas
- Apple slices
- Pear slices
For the Dip:
- 1 ten-ounce package sweetened raspberries, defrosted
- ½ cup (4 ounces) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup firm yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Plate for the cut fruit
- Small sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Blender (or food processor)
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wire whisk
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Place the raspberries (including all their liquid) and cream cheese in a blender and puree until uniform. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the yogurt and lemon juice, and whisk until it is all one color.
- Pour the dip into one or more serving bowls.
- Cut and arrange the spears of fruit on a small plate.
- Dip the fruit spears into the pink fruit dip and then enjoy.
*** Recipe makes 4-5 snack portions. Whenever you use a blender, be careful! This is always a closely supervised activity. (Parents, please keep the blender unplugged when not in use. Explain to children that fingers should never go inside the container because the blade in the blender is very sharp.)
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza