Kids in the Kitchen
Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- 3 medium bananas
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup granola or chopped nuts
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Wooden craft sticks
- Microwave bowl-medium size
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Shallow pan or platter (for chopped nuts)
- Waxed paper
- Baking Sheet
- Peel bananas and cut each in half.
- Push a craft stick into the end of each banana half.
- Place the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave bowl and melt in microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- Stir, then heat for another 15 seconds. If the chips are not completely melted, you may heat for another 15 seconds and stir one more time.
- Dip the bananas in the melted chocolate.
- Roll the chocolate covered bananas in granola or chopped nuts and place on waxed paper on a baking sheet and freeze.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza