Kids in the Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ pound (8 ounces) uncooked flat egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon butter (approx.)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- a handful of raisins
- Small bowl
- Mixing spoons
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Medium pot for boiling water
- Bowl for mixing
- Serrated knife
- Forks for mixing (and eating)
- Small serving bowls
- Fill a medium sized cooking pot about half full of water.(Boil the water on the stove.)
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour the noodles in the pot of boiling water and cook until they are tender.
- When noodles are tender, drain well.
- Immediately transfer the noodles to a bowl. Add butter and mix well.
- Add cottage cheese and raisins and mix.
- Transfer to individual serving bowls, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar, and eat!
*** This recipe makes 3-4 small servings. Please be very careful around boiling water, especially when draining the noodles. It is best for an adult to handle this part of the recipe.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.