Kids in the Kitchen
- 4 crisp apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 celery ribs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Apple corer
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoons
- Serving plate
- Insert the apple corer into the center of each apple and twist it to cut around the core. Remove the cores from the apples.
- Cut the apples into small cubes. Measure 2 cups of diced apples into the mixing bowl and sprinkle the lemon juice over them.
- Cut the tops and bottoms off the celery ribs. Then cut each rib into small cubes. Measure 1 cup of diced celery.
- Add the celery and mayonnaise to the apples, stirring well.
- Cover the serving plate with fresh lettuce leaves. Pile the Waldorf salad on top of the lettuce, and then sprinkle it with chopped walnuts.
*** This salad was created by a chef at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City. It has a lot of "crunch."
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza