Kids in the Kitchen
Cabbage and Apple Salad
- ½ head cabbage (medium size)
- 2 crisp apples
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Large spoon and fork
- Small bowl
- Have an adult cut and shred the cabbage. Then put the cabbage into a large bowl.
- Have an adult cut each apple into 4 pieces, remove the apple cores and cut the apples into small cubes. Add the apples to the bowl.
- Add the raisins to the bowl.
- Use the large spoon and fork to toss the cabbage, apples and raisins until it is well mixed.
- Combine the cream and honey in the small bowl. Pour the mixture over the salad and toss it lightly.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and put it in the refrigerator to chill before serving.
*** This crunchy salad tastes a bit sweeter than other cabbage salads and its a good source of Vitamin B6 that helps your body use protein.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza