Kids in the Kitchen
Peachy Gingersnap Crisp
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 16-ounce cans of peach slices in fruit juice, drained (or 5 fresh peaches)
- Frozen yogurt
- 8-inch square baking pan
- Resealable plastic bag
- Medium bowl
- 2 table knives
- Can opener
- Oven mitts
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden rolling pin
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray the baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Put the cookies into the plastic bag and close tightly. Crush them with your hands (or a rolling pin.)
- Put the crushed gingersnaps, brown sugar, and cinnamon in the bowl. Add the margarine (or butter).
- Hold a table knife in each hand and draw the knives across each other to cut the margarine (or butter) into the dry ingredients. Keep cutting until the mixture is crumbly.
- Open the 2 cans of peaches. Drain the liquid. If you are using fresh peaches, wash them. Use a paring knife to remove the skin and cut them into ¾ inch slices.
- Arrange the peaches in the baking dish. Then sprinkle the gingersnap mixture over the peaches.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from the oven with oven mitts. Serve warm or at room temperature with frozen yogurt topping.
*** Gingersnap cookies are low in fat compared to many other varieties. The gingersnaps give a familiar dish a new flavor. This recipe takes about 15 minutes to assemble and 20 minutes or more to bake. It makes enough for six to share.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.