Kids in the Kitchen
- 2 slices oatmeal or whole-wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons light cream cheese
- Cutting board
- Butter knife
- Cookie sheet
- Measuring spoons
- Oven mitts
- Hot pad
- Star-shaped cookie cutters
- Place the bread on the cutting board and cut star shapes from the center of the bread slices. (You can use the crusts for bread crumbs or croutons.)
- Place the stars on a cookie sheet, then put your oven mitts on and place the pan under the broiler of an oven. Turn the broiler on, set the timer, and cook the stars for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Put your oven mitts back on and remove the pan from the oven. Place the pan on a hot pad or transfer the stars to a cool platter and spread the cream cheese with a butter knife on one side of the stars.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the cream cheese
*** Light cream cheese has half as much fat as regular cream cheese. This recipe serves 2 people.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza