Kids in the Kitchen
Pigs in a Blanket
- 4 bun-length hot dogs (cut in half)
- 1 package of refrigerated crescent dough
- 4 slices of cheddar or American cheese (individually wrapped)
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Hot pad
- Spatula to remove food from baking sheet
- Wrap each piece of hot dog with a half slice of cheese.
- Separate the crescent dough sections and roll out the sections with the rolling pin.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dog and cheese.
- Place them on a baking sheet and cook in the oven as directed on the crescent roll package. (An adult should remove the baking sheet from the oven and also place the hot dogs on to the plate.)
*** Serve the “Pigs in a Blanket” with dipping sauces such as ketchup and mustard. Add an assortment of fresh veggies such as carrots and broccoli flowerets and fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries or watermelon to your plate. A beverage of milk or fruit juice would be good.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza