Kids in the Kitchen
Pigs in a Blanket
- 4 bun-length hot dogs (cut in half)
- 1 package of refrigerated crescent dough
- 4 slices of cheddar or American cheese (individually wrapped)
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Hot pad
- Spatula to remove food from baking sheet
- Wrap each piece of hot dog with a half slice of cheese.
- Separate the crescent dough sections and roll out the sections with the rolling pin.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dog and cheese.
- Place them on a baking sheet and cook in the oven as directed on the crescent roll package. (An adult should remove the baking sheet from the oven and also place the hot dogs on to the plate.)
*** Serve the “Pigs in a Blanket” with dipping sauces such as ketchup and mustard. Add an assortment of fresh veggies such as carrots and broccoli flowerets and fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries or watermelon to your plate. A beverage of milk or fruit juice would be good.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.