Kids in the Kitchen
No-Bake “Dreamsicle” Yogurt Pie
- 1 nine-inch graham cracker crust shell
- 1 8-ounce container of orange flavored yogurt
- 1 cup thawed whipped non-dairy topping
- ½ cup canned mandarin orange slices-drained and broken into pieces
- (Use some additional orange slices for decoration on the top of the pie.)
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon for stirring
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups
- Plastic wrap
- Combine the yogurt and whipped topping in a bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Add bits and pieces of mandarin oranges and stir.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dog and cheese.
- Smooth the mixture into the pie shell. Add some mandarin orange slices for decoration on the top of the pie.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in freezer.
- Remove before you want to serve the pie and thaw slightly. Cut into slices.
*** This is an easy recipe for children and healthier than most cream pies. Using the same basic recipe, you could make different flavor combinations such as peach yogurt with canned peach pieces or vanilla yogurt with banana slices.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza