Kids in the Kitchen
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (or one 14.5-ounce can chunks packed in juice, drained)
- cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- Measuring cups
- Rubber spatula
- 8 Small (3 ounce) paper cups
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- Aluminum foil—cut into 8 squares large enough to cover top of cups
- In a food processor, combine pineapple chunks, milk, and sugar. Pulse until almost smooth with some chunks of pineapple remaining.
- Pour half the mixture into a medium bowl or glass measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Pulse the remaining mixture until completely smooth. Add the mixture to the bowl.
- Divide the mixture evenly among eight paper cups. Cover each cup with foil square.
- Insert wooden sticks in the center of the foil square.
- Freeze until solid (at least 4 hours). Keeps up to 2 weeks.
*** This is a refreshing after-school snack.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza