Kids in the Kitchen
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (or one 14.5-ounce can chunks packed in juice, drained)
- cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- Measuring cups
- Rubber spatula
- 8 Small (3 ounce) paper cups
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- Aluminum foil—cut into 8 squares large enough to cover top of cups
- In a food processor, combine pineapple chunks, milk, and sugar. Pulse until almost smooth with some chunks of pineapple remaining.
- Pour half the mixture into a medium bowl or glass measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Pulse the remaining mixture until completely smooth. Add the mixture to the bowl.
- Divide the mixture evenly among eight paper cups. Cover each cup with foil square.
- Insert wooden sticks in the center of the foil square.
- Freeze until solid (at least 4 hours). Keeps up to 2 weeks.
*** This is a refreshing after-school snack.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.