Kids in the Kitchen
- 1 apple
- 20 seedless grapes
- l lemon
- ½ cup water
- 1 banana
- 6-ounce can mandarin orange slices
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- Small sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large wooden spoon
- 2 small bowls
- Large mixing bowl
- Can opener
- Wash apple and grapes and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze out juice into a small bowl. Add water and stir. (The lemon-water is to dip the fruit so that it won't turn brown.)
- Cut, core and seed the apple. (Ask an adult to help.) Do not peel it. Cut the apple into bite-sized pieces. Place the cut apple in lemon-water.
- Peel and slice banana into bite-sized pieces. Place in lemon-water. Drain off liquid. Place apple and banana pieces into mixing bowl.
- Drain mandarin oranges and reserve the juice in a small bowl. Add mandarin oranges and grapes to mixing bowl.
- Mix together brown sugar and the reserved mandarin orange juice. Add cinnamon and stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Pour brown sugar sauce over fruit salad in mixing bowl and lightly toss to coat the fruit.
*** Serves 3 or 4 people.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza