Kids in the Kitchen
Olive & Nut Tea Sandwiches
- 32-ounces of cream cheese
- ¾ cup chopped olives with red centers (or use black olives)
- 2 cups chopped toasted (in margarine or butter) pecans
- ½ to ¾ cup cream or milk
- Bread (square shaped slices)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Spoon for stirring
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Table knife
- Whip the cream cheese using your spoon. Add milk until it is soft enough to spread.
- Fold in the nuts and olives.
- Trim the crust from thin sliced bread.
- Spread mixture on slice. (You can serve them open-faced or top with second slice of bread.)
- Cut into fingers or triangles.
- Chill, covered in the refrigerator, until ready to serve.
*** Afternoon tea parties are a wonderful way to practice good table manners. You can make a variety of little sandwiches and serve them with iced tea or fruit juice. Remember to use your napkins and say “please” and “thank you.”
This lovely tradition started in England in the early 19th. Century. It is a small meal between lunch and dinner, usually served in the late afternoon. A variety of food is served and may include dainty sandwiches, small slices of cake, sweet tarts and scones. Tea is always served.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.