Kids in the Kitchen
Walnut Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can use fat-free, low-fat or light mayo)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cooked skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions or mild onion
- 1 cup halved seedless green or red grapes
- ½ cup walnuts
- 4 lettuce leaves
- (If you want to use the salad for a sandwich, you'll need sliced bread.)
- Measuring cups
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- In a medium bowl, add the orange juice, mayonnaise and herbs and mix well.
- Add the diced chicken, celery, scallions, grapes and nuts and toss lightly.
- Place the salad on top of washed lettuce leaves and enjoy or place a lettuce leaf on top of a slice of bread, add salad and then top with the other piece of bread.
Note: Adding a teaspoon or two of curry to step #2 gives you a tasty adventure.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza