Kids in the Kitchen
Walnut Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can use fat-free, low-fat or light mayo)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cooked skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions or mild onion
- 1 cup halved seedless green or red grapes
- ½ cup walnuts
- 4 lettuce leaves
- (If you want to use the salad for a sandwich, you'll need sliced bread.)
- Measuring cups
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- In a medium bowl, add the orange juice, mayonnaise and herbs and mix well.
- Add the diced chicken, celery, scallions, grapes and nuts and toss lightly.
- Place the salad on top of washed lettuce leaves and enjoy or place a lettuce leaf on top of a slice of bread, add salad and then top with the other piece of bread.
Note: Adding a teaspoon or two of curry to step #2 gives you a tasty adventure.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.