Kids in the Kitchen
Pita Pockets with Veggies
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 container (16 oz.) plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ of a medium head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg. ( 6 oz.) alfalfa sprouts
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ of a small onion, diced
- 6 whole wheat pita breads, cut in half
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumbers, yogurt, sugar, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the pita breads. Mix well.
- Stuff the pita halves with the lettuce mixture, then top with the cucumber sauce.
Note: A couple of slices of a ripe avocado make a nice addition. Add them before topping with the cucumber sauce.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza