Kids in the Kitchen
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- Large mixing bowl
- Square 8 x 8-inch pan coated with a nonstick spray
- Large spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the strawberry jam.
- Measure out 2 cups of this mixture. Leave the rest in the bowl and set aside.
- Take the 2 cups of the mixture and press it into the bottom of the pan. You can use your hands or a spoon. (Make sure you cover the entire bottom of the pan.)
- Using a large spoon, spread the strawberry jam evenly on top of the mixture in the pan.
- Take the mixture that was left in the bowl, and spread it over the strawberry jam. Press it down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and allow it to cool for at least 15 min.
- Cut the bars into 12 squares.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza