Kids in the Kitchen
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- Large mixing bowl
- Square 8 x 8-inch pan coated with a nonstick spray
- Large spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the strawberry jam.
- Measure out 2 cups of this mixture. Leave the rest in the bowl and set aside.
- Take the 2 cups of the mixture and press it into the bottom of the pan. You can use your hands or a spoon. (Make sure you cover the entire bottom of the pan.)
- Using a large spoon, spread the strawberry jam evenly on top of the mixture in the pan.
- Take the mixture that was left in the bowl, and spread it over the strawberry jam. Press it down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and allow it to cool for at least 15 min.
- Cut the bars into 12 squares.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.