Kids in the Kitchen
- 6 medium McIntosh or Red Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of water
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Medium saucepan with cover
- Potato masher or fork
- Large spoon
- Peel and core the apples. Cut into quarters.
- Put the cut apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and water into a saucepan. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the apples to cool completely. Use potato masher and mash apples to desired smoothness.
*** Serves 4 people. Experiment with different kinds of apples to discover which you prefer. Each variety has a unique cooking consistency, flavor and sweetness.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza