Kids in the Kitchen
- 6 medium McIntosh or Red Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of water
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Medium saucepan with cover
- Potato masher or fork
- Large spoon
- Peel and core the apples. Cut into quarters.
- Put the cut apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and water into a saucepan. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the apples to cool completely. Use potato masher and mash apples to desired smoothness.
*** Serves 4 people. Experiment with different kinds of apples to discover which you prefer. Each variety has a unique cooking consistency, flavor and sweetness.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.