Kids in the Kitchen
- 4 cups evenly cut slices of peeled green apples
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Fold together in a mixing bowl: apples, berries, 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 cup sugar and lemon juice
- Place the fruit mixture in a 9 x 13 baking dish
- In another bowl, mix the 2 cups of oats, 1 cup of flour, ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup melted butter, 2 teaspoons brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Place flour mixture over fruit mixture and lightly press to make it even.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
- Top with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza