Kids in the Kitchen
Green Eggs & Ham
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper
- a drop of blue food color
- ¼ to ½ cup minced ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Crack each egg, one by one, on the counter. Break the eggs into the bowl and throw out the shells. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and one drop of blue food coloring.
- Whisk the eggs until they are completely mixed. (The eggs will be green!)
- Ask your adult helper to heat the skillet until it is medium-hot. Cook the ham until it starts to brown.(2-3 min.) Stir with a wooden spoon so the ham won’t stick to the pan.
- Pour the eggs on top of the ham. Use a plastic spatula to fold the egg mixture. Do this a couple of times until the egg is fluffy and cooked.
- Place the eggs on two small plates as soon as they are done.
Note: Add a piece of whole wheat toast and a small glass of juice and you’ll have a meal “Sam-I-Am” would love. Serves 2 people.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.