Kids in the Kitchen
Green Eggs & Ham
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper
- a drop of blue food color
- ¼ to ½ cup minced ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Crack each egg, one by one, on the counter. Break the eggs into the bowl and throw out the shells. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and one drop of blue food coloring.
- Whisk the eggs until they are completely mixed. (The eggs will be green!)
- Ask your adult helper to heat the skillet until it is medium-hot. Cook the ham until it starts to brown.(2-3 min.) Stir with a wooden spoon so the ham won’t stick to the pan.
- Pour the eggs on top of the ham. Use a plastic spatula to fold the egg mixture. Do this a couple of times until the egg is fluffy and cooked.
- Place the eggs on two small plates as soon as they are done.
Note: Add a piece of whole wheat toast and a small glass of juice and you’ll have a meal “Sam-I-Am” would love. Serves 2 people.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza