Kids in the Kitchen
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Large green onion (scallion or shallot)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 head Bibb lettuce (leaves separated)
- ¾ pound thinly sliced roast beef and/or chicken torn into 2 inch pieces
- 2 plums thinly sliced
- 1 small seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Stir in the shallot and ginger.
- Fill the lettuce leaves with the beef or chicken, plums, cucumber, carrot and mint.
- Serve with the vinaigrette for drizzling.
Note: If neatness counts, we suggest eating this with a knife and fork.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza