Kids in the Kitchen
Hot Chocolate Treat
- 7 ounces of “best-quality” semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, put the milk, sugar and water.
- Ask an adult helper to cook it over medium heat until it begins to boil.
- Whisk in the chopped chocolate. Whisk briskly until it s thick and smooth.
- Serve while it’s hot and frothy
(This is a special “sometime” treat for chocolate lovers on cold winter days Serve with an oatmeal and raisin cookie.) You could substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2% milk if you wish.
Note: Serves 4 people
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza