Kids in the Kitchen
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 thin slices Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 2 thin slices of deli sliced ham
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter per side
- ¼ cup blue cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- Layer 1 slice of bread with 1 slice of cheese followed by both slices of ham and the last piece o cheese. Add the second piece of bread.
- Ask your adult helper to put the skillet over moderate heat to warm the pan.
- Whisk the egg, milk, and a pinch of salt in a shallow bowl until frothy.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. As it melts, dip one side of the sandwich in the egg batter and then dip the other side in the egg batter. (Ask an adult for help.)
- Place the sandwich in the pan. Grill on one side for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Flip with a spatula and grill it on the second side for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwich from the pan to a plate with the spatula. Slice it in half.
Add some fresh fruit and a cold glass of milk and lunch is served!
Note: Serves 1 person.
|Aug 26, 2011 - Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials|
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza