Kids in the Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- ½ cup regular rolled oats
- ½ cup cup raisins
- Butter or substitute to grease muffin tin (or use paper cup-cake liners)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- Large wooden spoon
- Medium mixing bowl
- Muffin tin (12 muffins)
- Rubber spatula
- Paper cup-cake liners
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the egg, milk, mashed banana and oil. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Add the oat mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until moistened. The batter should be lumpy.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
*** Makes 12 muffins.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.