Kids in the Kitchen
Vegetables and Dips
- Select an assortment of vegetables such as cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, celery, radishes, red and green peppers, cauliflower, green beans, etc.
- Bottle of low-fat Ranch dressing.
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Measuring cups
- Small mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Large sharp knife
- Small sharp knife
- Platter for the vegetables
- 2 bowls for the dips
- Clean dish towel
- Wash and pat dry the vegetables.
- Cut vegetables as needed into “finger food” sizes and arrange on the platter.
- Mix the cottage cheese, non-fat yogurt, green onions and fresh dill and stir until smooth. (It will be a bit lumpy.)
- Spoon the dill dip into a dipping bowl.
- Pour the bottled Ranch dressing into one of the dipping bowls.
Taping of Kids in the Kitchen Interstitials
Kelly and Jenny make Green Eggs & Ham
Hannah and Angelles make Pretty Parfaits
Jack makes Croque Monsieur
Marielle and Josh make a Fruit Pizza
Tom and Viola make White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.
Darlyne, Tom and Viola make treat bags for the pretzels.
Matthias and Andreas loved the Flying Saucers!
Petra joins her brothers in the kitchen.
Easy Hummus Dip makes a healthy snack.
Angelles and Iryonna enjoy the Chicken Broccoli Quiche.
Darlyne and Angelles hope you make the Chicken Broccoli Quiche at your home.
Angelles, Darlyne and Iryonna bake Crunchy Chicken Fingers.
Sam's family and friend, Luckson enjoy cooking together.
Ciara and Alanna make Crispy Cinnamon Bread.
Ciara and Alanna like to help in the kitchen.
Sam and Luckson make Kitty Chow Treat.
Lydia and Abby join Darlyne for Tortilla Pizza.
These sisters like baking Chocolate Bread Pudding Muffins.