Kids Learning Resources
Bridging the Summer Learning Gap
When young people do not engage in summer learning activities they experience learning loss. Kids need to be stimulated on multiple levels and should have the opportunity to play and learn beyond the television screen. When children do watch television, make sure it is a quality program that delivers valuable messages like those on MPTV. As a complement to our high-quality programs, MPTV and PBS have planned a number of workbook pages, tips, and activities to help bridge that gap. Our activities touch on many important skills including literacy, STEM, and social and emotional development.
Enjoy your summer in multiple ways. Play outside, read, watch TV and movies, use the PBS mobile apps and take advantage of the great free offers MPTV and PBS provide.
- Activity Book, coloring, matching, role playing, crossword, reading
- Wild Kratts Word Find
- Curious George Coloring Page
- Arthur’s Green Thumb, growing plants
- The Cat in the Hat, leaf and bark rubbings
- Wild Kratts, animal guessing game
- Curious George, make a pinwheel
- Dinosaur Train, nature treasure hunt
- Reader’s Chart
- Reading Activities at Home, Preschool/Kindergarten
- Reading Activities at Home, First Grade
- Seven Tips for Early Literacy
- Tackling Summer Reading Lists
- Anytime Learning
- Book Club for Kids
Don’t forget to select Kids in the Kitchen on our website for great recipes you can make with your children.