MPTV’s Mittens & More
MPTV's fifth annual MITTENS & MORE community service project was a big success! Thanks to the generosity of our donors and support from our community partners, 4,160 new mittens, gloves, hats and scarves were given to 36 agencies and schools, to distribute, free of charge, to families in need.
This year saw a 13% increase in donations. Nearly 90% of the new items were handcrafted items. Many knitting and sewing groups in our viewing area joined together to knit, sew or crochet beautiful items to donate.
A special thank you to the American Sewing Guild, the Kiwanis Club of Milwaukee Foundation, Inc., Mom's Club of Menomonee Falls-West, Our Savior Lutheran School, St. James Catholic Church Prayer Shawl Ministry, Girl Scout Troop # 2475, St. Margaret Mary School Students & Parish Community, Muskego Public Library, Women of Emanu-El Knitting Circle Congregation Emanu-El B’ne Jeshurun, Salem Community Library, the Knit-Wits, and the Sisterhood of Congregational Shalom and others.
Thanks also to individuals such as Barbara Rawling, Catherine Bau, Cheryl Taves, Eunice Greco, Jayden Baumann, Marilyn Ibach, Mary Jene, Nancy Sunquist, Barbara Koerner, Peggy Maclejewski, Patricia Taylor and others who gave so generously.
Thank you to our collection site partners: MATC campus locations, the MPTV Auction site, Copacetic , and The Country Springs Hotel.
Thanks to everyone who participated. You have made hands and hearts warmer this winter.
- Recipients of your generosity and support include families served by the following schools and organizations:
- AGAPE Community Center
- Boys & Girls Club-Hillside Community
- Boys & Girls Club-Sherman Park Area
- Mary Ryan Branch
- Children's Service Society of Wisconsin
- Day Care Services for Children, Inc.
- Doerfler Elementary School
- Ebenezer Child Care
- Grantosa Drive School
- Guadalupe Head Start
- HALO- Homeless Assistance Leadership Organization
- Head Start- 102nd. Street
- Head Start- 78th. Street
- Head Start- Capitol
- Head Start- Cudahy
- Head Start-Green Tree
- Head Start- Johnson Square
- Head Start-North
- Head Start-South
- Head Start- South 61st. Street
- Head Start-West Allis
- Hmong American Women's Association
- Hope House
- House of Peace-Department of Catholic Charities
- John C. Cudahy-YMCA
- Journey House
- La Causa Charter School
- Neighborhood House
- Next Door Foundation
- Northcott Neighborhood House
- Salvation Army
- Silver Spring Neighborhood Center
- Sixteenth Street Community Health Center
- Sojourner Truth House
- The Parenting Network
- Three Holy Women Parish-Community Concerns
- Urban Day
We are all givers and receivers.
Contact Darlyne Haertlein, Manager - Community Relations
414-297-7518 or email@example.com