PBS Kids Go! Writers Contest
Writers contest 2013
Thanks to all of the young writers and illustrators in southeastern Wisconsin for participating in our local contest sponsored by Milwaukee Public Television.
Congratulations to all children who participated in MPTV’S PBS KIDS GO! WRITERS CONTEST in 2013. We received 903 entries this year and our panel of judges had quite a time deciding on those who would be selected for special recognition. Even if your name and story are not among those listed, you are all winners in our book for all of your hard work and creativity. Thank you and keep on reading, writing and illustrating. Your story is the real treasure!
MPTV’S WRITERS AWARDS 2013
- First Place: My Life by Samuel Ray E.
- Second Place: The Magic Animal by Kate R.
- Third Place: Princess Anna and the Sneaky Brothers by Ella Y.
- Special Merit: The Firefighters by Alex N.
- Special Merit: The Golden Mask by Aliyah B.
- GRADE ONE
- First Place: WHAT DO SNOWFLAKES LIKE TO DO? by Blake L.
- Second Place: LADYBUG LESSON by Jake R.
- Third Place: Chippy Finds a Home by Alexis W.
- Special Merit: Queens of Spring by Evey S-G.
- Special Merit: My Dog Butters by Katrina O.
- GRADE TWO
- First Place: The Girl Who Wasn’t Afraid of Anything by Ella T.
- Second Place: Moon Trip by Riennea M.
- Third Place: Rose’s Dream Come True by Claire A.
- Special Merit: The Lep Lady and the Lollipops by Elena H.
- Special Merit: FRANCE by Abigail P.
- GRADE THREE
- First Place: STACKS by James L.
- Second Place: Princess Paloma Pretends by Pasqualina M.
- Third Place: A Real Hero by Vincenzo W.
- Special Merit: GADEN THE GETAWAY GOOSE by Lauren M.
- Special Merit: They’re Coming by Olivia B.
For the third year, our MPTV judges have chosen to present an Education Award. This year two children will be receiving scholarships to attend a one-week summer art class at Artist and Display in Milwaukee. The two-hour class includes all materials.
The recipients are: Caleb W. of Burlington, WI (The Math Super Hero Saves The Day) and Julia B. of Kenosha, WI (Camal and the Taco)
All of the twenty young author award winners and Education Award winners will receive an official letter within the week that may answer all of your questions regarding the awards and attendance at the awards reception in June.
With the exception of the stories listed above, all stories will be returned by or before May 30, 2013.
Again, thank you to everyone who participated, facilitated and encouraged. It was a worthwhile effort and it is deeply appreciated.
Manager-MPTV Community Relations
Writing Contest Coordinator
Thanks to the Harley-Davidson Foundation and the Jerome J. & Dorothy Holz Family Foundation for their support.
For more information: Darlyne Haertlein, Manager-MPTV Community Relations
(414) 297-7518 or firstname.lastname@example.org