Seasoned Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Seasoned Roasted Potatoes
- 2 cups peeled and cubed Idaho potatoes (1-inch cubes)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (more, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan. Add water just to cover potatoes and bring to a boil. Do not cover saucepan. After the water begins to boil, reduce heat and add turmeric powder and salt to the potatoes. Parboil until potatoes are half-cooked. Be careful not to overcook. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle cayenne powder and cumin powder over potatoes and shake bowl to cover potatoes evenly.
- Place oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
- Add seasoned potatoes to skillet and spread evenly. Cook over low heat until golden brow turning frequently.