Chickpea Mango Soondal Recipe
Chickpea Mango Soondal
- 1 (14 to 16 oz.) can chick peas
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 dried red chilli pepper
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chutney powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened powdered coconut
- Drain chick peas, rinse and set aside. Cut mango and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, but not smoking, stir in red chilli pepper, mustard seeds, and urad dal. Cover and stir-fry until mustard seeds burst (listen for popping sound) and urad dal is golden.
- Immediately add chick peas, mango, turmeric, chutney powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add ginger and cook over low medium heat for additional minute or two.
- Add coconut powder and stir the mixture gently.