Tuna Masala Recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 to 4 slivers cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons urad dal
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced coriander
- Heat oil in an iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add cinnamon stick, fennel seeds, cumin, and urad dal.
- When urad dal is golden, add the onion, tomato, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add turmeric, curry powder, and tomato sauce. Mix and cook for another minute.
- Drain oil from tuna can.
- Add tuna and mix thoroughly. Add salt and blend well with other ingredients and cook for another 7 to10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add coriander and mix well.