Spice-Rubbed Seared Salmon Recipe
Spice-Rubbed Seared Fish
- 1 pound salmon fillet without skin (Cut into 4 slices)
- Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. chopped curry leaves (optional)
- 2 tsps. minced garlic
- 2 tsps. minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- Wash fish fillets in water. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Place all the marinade ingredients with 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Blend together to make a thick paste.
- Rub the paste well into both sides of fish fillets and place fillets in a covered glass dish in refrigerator. Allow fish to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Add oil to a heated non-stick skillet. The skillet can be large enough to hold all the fillets or cook the fish in batches.
- Add fish fillets. (do not crowd skillet with fish fillets) Cook fish over medium heat on one side, about 3-5 minutes, turn it over and cook the other side until browned. Fish becomes golden brown and crusty. Turn off the heat and cover the skillet. This will allow the cooking to continue without the fillets becoming hard. The fillets should remain moist and tender.
- Set a plate, lined with paper towels, beside the stove to hold the seared fish.