Mushroom and Onion Fry Recipe
Mushroom and Onion Fry
- 8oz. packaged sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup onion, cut lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Clean mushrooms by placing them between wet paper towels. (Washing mushrooms will make them soggy). Sliced mushrooms of even size. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add cumin seeds. Fry until seeds are golden brown.
- Add onion and garlic and mix well with ingredients in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and toss with onions. Cook, uncovered, for few minutes over medium high heat until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add black pepper and cumin powder and salt. Blend well into the ingredients in skillet. Serves 4