Shrimp Masala Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 to 3 slivers cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 4 to 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper and cumin powder
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped cilanto
- Place oil in an iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add cinnamon stick, and cumin. Stir- fry until spices are golden brown.
- Add onion, tomato, garlic, and ginger. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in turmeric powder, and curry powder.
- Add tomato sauce, cayenne powder, salt, and black pepper and cumin powder. Blend the seasonings well and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook with the seasonings. Cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Garnish with cilantro.