Green Beans with Coconut Poriyal Recipe
Green Beans with Coconut Poriyal
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 to 4 curry leaves
- 1 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. urad dal
- 3 cups green beans, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut (unsweetened coconut powder)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, stir in curry leaves, mustard seeds, and urad dal. Cover and heat until mustard seeds pop and urad dal is golden brown.
- Add green beans and stir well. Add beans, ginger, chili, and salt. Cover and cook over medium heat. Mix well.
- When beans are tender add coconut powder. Stir well.