Egg Kulambu Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 to 3 slivers cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. fenugreek
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 8-10 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp. tamarind paste
- 1 tsp. black pepper and cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more, if desired)
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Hard boil the eggs. Peel and set eggs aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, fenugreek, cumin, fennel seeds.
- Immediately add onion, tomato, and garlic to saucepan. Stir and add turmeric powder.
- When onion is tender, add curry powder, cayenne powder, tamarind paste, and black pepper and cumin powder. Add salt, tomato sauce, and 1 1/2 cups of water. Mix well and allow the mixture to boil for about 2 minutes. Add coriander.
- When the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat and allow to simmer over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and cilantro. Spoon the sauce over the boiled eggs. Remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs soak in the sauce until served.