Broccoli with Coconut Poriyal Recipe
Broccoli with Coconut Poriyal
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 whole dried red pepper
- 1 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. urad dal
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups coarsely chopped broccoli (including stems)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more, if desired)
- 1 tsp. chutney powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened powdered coconut
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. When oil is hot but not smoking, stir in red pepper, mustard seeds and urad dal. Cover and heat until mustard seeds burst (listen for popping sound) and urad dal is golden.
- Add onion and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli, salt, and chutney powder to skillet and stir well. Cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the broccoli is tender but still crisp, add the coconut and stir well.