Seasoned Fresh Spinach in Yogurt Recipe
Seasoned Fresh Spinach in Yogurt
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped green chili
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 5oz.Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add cumin seeds and stir until it becomes light brown.
- Add onions, chili, and garlic. Stir-fry for a minute or two.
- Add chopped spinach and mix well with seasonings.
- Add cumin powder and salt. Cook spinach until it is slightly wilted.
- Transfer the spinach dish to a bowl. Let it cool.
- Add non-fat plain yogurt to the spinach and mix well.
- Leave it in the refrigerator until it is ready to be served.