Chicken Curry in a Hurry Recipe
Chicken Curry in a Hurry
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-4 slivers cinnamon stick
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup quartered garlic
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 lbs. skinned chicken thighs with bones (about 6-8 pieces)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tsp. curry powder or garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a heavy wide saucepan heat oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes, garlic, and ginger. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until it is browned.
- Add turmeric powder, cayenne powder, curry powder (garam masala) and cumin powder and salt. Blend the powders well with the chicken seasonings.
- Add tomato sauce and 1/2 cup water slow cook over medium low heat until chicken is cooked. Garnish with cilantro.
Chicken with Potatoes:
- 2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups of peeled and cubed Idaho potatoes Follow the recipe as above. In step 3, add the potatoes with chicken and brown both. Follow the above recipe from step 4 (doubling the ingredients from turmeric) to make this delicious dish of chicken with potatoes.