Cauliflower with Potatoes and Peas Recipe
Cauliflower with Potatoes and Peas
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 3-4 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 tsp. urad dal
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and cubed (par-boiled)
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Add oil to heated skillet with curry leaves. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add mustard seeds and urad dal. Cover and fry until mustard seeds pop and urad dal turns golden.
- Add chopped onions and tomatoes to skillet and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add par-boiled potatoes and stir well. Add turmeric powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin powder, and salt. Blend the seasonings with potatoes. Cover and cook over low medium heat until potatoes are partially cooked. May add 1-2 Tbsp. water and cook over medium heat.
- Stir in cauliflower. Cover and continue to cook for a few minutes until cauliflower becomes tender.
- Stir in frozen peas and carrots. Cook over low heat in covered skillet.