Asparagus Poriyal Recipe
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 pound asparagus (about 3 cups sliced diagonally)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add mustard and cumin seeds. Let mustard seeds pop and cumin turn brown.
- Add onion, ginger and asparagus cook stirring for a minute.
- Add cumin and salt. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until asparagus is crisp tender.
- Add coconut. Stir and serve warm.