Cracked Wheat Uppuma Recipe
Cracked Wheat Uppuma
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- 1 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp. urad dal
- 1 cup cracked wheat
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetable (thawed)
- 1/4 cup frozen carrot and peas (thawed)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Place oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add curry leaves, red chili pepper, mustard seeds, and urad dal. Wait for mustard seeds to pop and urad to turn golden.
- Add cracked wheat and roast, uncovered, over medium heat for a minute or two.
- Add onions, chili, ginger, and salt. Cook for a minute. Add 3 cups of warm water. Blend carefully with ingredients in the skillet.
- Add thawed vegetables. Stir and cook briefly over low heat, covered, until water evaporates.
- Add butter. Mix well. Serve warm.