Madras Coffee Recipe
Traditional Madras Coffee, also known as Mysore Coffee, is made with coffee beans that are carefully selected, blended, and roasted. The coffee is brewed in a special vessel called a decoction container. For a great tasting and easy-to-make version of Madras Coffee, you may use any premium instant coffee powder. Madras Coffee may also be prepared from any brewed coffee, provided it is brewed in a concentrated, espresso style.
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a cup mix milk and water. Transfer the mixture into a small saucepan. Let the mixture come to a full boil.
- As the milk rises to the top (comes to a boil), remove from stove.
- In another cup mix coffee powder and sugar. Pour the milk over coffee and sugar.
- Transfer the contents from one cup to another a few times until a froth develops.
- Pour the coffee into a cup and serve. Serves 1