Cooking Raw Latest Episode
Cooking Raw - Program #208
Videos are uploaded within five business days
[Original Airdate: August 4, 2012]
Certified Raw Chef Caroline Carter and her daughter Shenita use the same ingredients to prepare spicy veggie shish kabobs and a "no fry stir fry". The ladies introduce heat to their dishes, using Jamaican jerk spice and jalapenos, while offering relief for the tongue in the form of agave nectar. (8 of 13)
- Segment #1
- Raw Vegetable Jamaican Jerk Shish Kabobs
- Segment #2
- Segment #3
- No Fry Stir Fry
- Segment #4
- Jamaican Jerk Vegetable Stew
Raw Vegetable Jamaican Jerk Shish Kabobs
- 1 zucchini
- 2 broccoli stems, peel rough outside skin
- 1 red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 2 C cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- ½ large purple onion
- 2-3 cups baby Portobello mushrooms
- Cut all vegetables in pieces which can be put on skewers.
- Do not put mushrooms under water, instead clean with damp paper towel.
- 3T Jamaican jerk spice
- ¼” round of Jalapeño pepper
- ½ C extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 T Braggs amino
- ½ C lemon juice
- ½ C apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- Blend all of the ingredients. Pour marinade over vegetable chunks and let sit for at least 20 min.
- Assemble vegetables on skewer. Eat raw, or you can place in dehydrator for a couple of hours to warm.
No Fry Stir Fry
- Marinated vegetables from above
- 1 C dehydrated mushrooms
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Chop cauliflower into chunks and pulse to rice like consistency.
- Pour marinated vegetables over cauliflower “rice” and add additional marinade if desired.
Jamaican Jerk Vegetable Stew
- Marinade and marinated vegetables from above
- Pour marinated vegetables into food processor and pulse into a chunky consistency.
- Serve in a soup bowl, adding marinade if desired and topping off with some corn and remaining vegetables.