Cooking Raw Recipes
- Food processor
- Measuring spoons/cups
- Dehydrator (optional)
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- ¼ cup celery
- ¼ cup red peppers
- ¼ cup green peppers
- ¼ cup onions
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Amino
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup of water (maybe)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, except the water and the romaine lettuce and pulse 3 to 4 times. Gradually add water (if needed) to the mixture in the food processor, then pulse a few more times. Mixture should be moist and sticky.
- The Taco “Meat” is ready to eat as is, however, if you would like it to be a little warmer, loosely spread the mixture onto a dehydrator mesh screen and place it in the dehydrator for 30 minutes at 115 degrees.
*Unique ingredient: Bragg Liquid Amino
Bragg Liquid Amino is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts: Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Tyrosine, Valine, Lysine." http://bragg.com/products/bragg-liquid-aminos-soy-alternative.html
From customer review on Amazon.com: "Kinda salty, not in a bad way, kinda like soy sauce, like a rich expensive soy sauce, kinda smokey, like adding a special kick to some foods; greens, mashed taters, soup, rice, even popcorn."
Available at local health food stores.