Cooking Raw Recipes
Key Lime Pie
- Measuring spoons/cups
- ¼ cu Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Avocado
- 3 Dates marinated in agave (1hr.) *
- pinch Sea Salt
- ¼ cup thick Cashew Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine all ingredients except cashew milk into blender & blend - then gradually add cashew milk to achieve desired thickness. You may need to stop occasionally and scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula or spoon.
- Utilize Pie Crust recipe on separate page.
- 2 Kiwis - peeled and sliced
- Bringing the kiwi lime pie together
- Use a spatula or spoon to spread filling over crust. Cut Kiwis lengthwise, and slice into half-moons. Arrange kiwi slices on top of pie. Chill entire key lime pie for at least 2 hours before serving. This pie is best served chilled or slightly colder than room temperature.
*Unique Ingredient: Agave nectar
"While agave (pronounced ah-GAH-vay) is best recognized as the plant from which tequila is made, it has also been used for thousands of years as an ingredient in food. The nectar made from the plant is known in Mexico as aguamiel, or "honey water."
The Aztecs prized the agave as a gift from the gods and used the liquid from its core to flavor foods and drinks. Now, due to increasing awareness of agave nectar's many beneficial properties, it is becoming the preferred sweetener of health conscious consumers, doctors, and natural foods cooks alike." http://www.allaboutagave.com/