Cooking Raw Recipes
Almond, Cashew Cheese
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ½ cup red onions - chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast *
- 1-2 garlic cloves - crushed
- Pinch white or black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Place all ingredients in food processor & blend until smooth. ½ of this batch will be for internal layer in lasagna, and ½ of the batch for garnishing top.
- Begin with a layer of Marinara sauce, layer of mushrooms, Almond Cashew Cheese, Spinach, Marinara sauce, and garnish the top with remaining almond cashew cheese. Refrigerate until set, cut into squares, and enjoy.
*Unique Ingredient: Nutritional Yeast
"A terrific food, providing nutrition, enhancing flavor, and adding taste to your favorite meals and drinks. An excellent source of protein (52%), containing essential amino acids. Gluten Free. Rich in vitamins, especially the B-complex vitamins. An excellent source of folic acid, which is important for formation, growth, and reproduction of red blood cells." http://www.bulkfoods.com/yeast.htm/